Monday, February 25, 2013

Hope Your Day is Fabulous...

Happy Monday, everyone.  I hope you had a fun (or relaxing, whichever you needed the most) weekend. :)

You know that saying "everything old is new again?"  In a way, sometimes that applies to my cards.  I make a lot of cards, and some go in the mail fairly quickly...some are sold in the Etsy store...and some go into the "stash" (a basket of completed cards to be sent out at a later date) when I get in the groove and make up several in advance.  And sometimes, those cards in the "stash" are still sitting there months later, because I came up with a different idea for the person and occasion they were originally created for.  Recently, I dipped into the stash basket, pulled some of those unused cards, and "redecorated" them, changing the embellishments a bit to give them a new look.  This can be a delicate process, since I use hot glue to attach a lot of my embellishments...but with some careful snipping with the tips of the scissors, and some creative arrangements to cover any papers that might pull apart the wrong way, this can be as much fun as making the card from scratch.

Not too many changes were made to this card.  The florals and seed pearls were added to brighten it up, and the lace and cheesecloth add a shabby touch that wasn't there before...



After adding a small piece of scrunched cheesecloth and a couple paper leaves, a small spray of colorful tiny roses were wound around the edges of the sentiment block, a small snippet of sheer embroidered ribbon was tucked beneath the spray, and a little spiral pearl wire added to complement the two pearl flourishes...




The sentiment block and the larger die cut beneath it are both backed with lightweight chipboard and adhered to the card with foam tape to add more dimension...



Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Basic Grey Kioshi collection      Punch:  Martha Stewart Cherish PATP
Dies:  Sizzix/Tim Holtz Styled Labels;  Spellbinders Labels 10
Pearls and paper leaves:  Prima      Sentiment stamp:  Papertrey Ink      Mini roses:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Crocheted lace:  local craft store      Sheer embroidered ribbon:  TheFunkieJunkie.com


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!



2 comments:

  1. So pretty.....I adore all the gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't think you could improve your cards! I love each one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...