Monday, August 6, 2012

A Soft Summer Hello...

The Korner is all picked up now...well, as "picked up" as it can be. If someone who isn't a crafter walked into this room, they'd probably think, "How does she work in this clutter?"  But the clutter is very organized, the worksurface cleaned,  the shelves and equipment dusted, the floor vacuumed.  For some reason, I can't create without some "neat clutter" - embellishments, stamps, and inspiration right in front of me - but organized in containers, baskets, and jars to keep the worksurface free. And conversely, I can't do "logic work" in any sort of clutter - I need a totally organized and clean area for that. Two sides of a brain totally segregated for their functions...that's me, I guess.

And once my straightening up was done, I had a nice creative streak...total fun!

Here's the first of the cards I have to share with you...pastel colors mixed with the deeper shades in the Prima patterned paper pieces...a soft summer hello to start the week...


No large floral cluster on this one...I wanted the focus on the beautiful floral paper. The scrunched ribbon bows are centered with a large cluster of pearls...even the cardstock flourish has a dusting of mini pearls...


...the sentiment jewelry tag is held by an embellished Tim Holtz memo pin...


...a peek at the inside...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Prima Romantique collection      Pearls: Recollections
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities & Classic Ric Rac insert; Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork;
My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Scalloped Crocheted Lace: Prima      Memo Pin: Tim Holtz      Hug Snug seam binding

I hope your Monday starts with a smile that lasts all week! I'll be back soon with more goodies to share.



6 comments:

  1. wow ths is beautiful...love the colours a fabulous card hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous floral paper! Love the beautiful border, lace, and fabulous bow with gems...so so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kathy! Love that Prima paper, but what you've done to it is exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Love that huge cluster of pearls on the bow. The colours are really something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Очень красивая открытка!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellently! I like so much this openwork edge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...