Monday, August 13, 2012

...I Appreciate You...

It's not only the sentiment on the card I'm sharing today, it's also a message to those of you who leave me sweet comments and send me emails...I do appreciate your comments, time, and attention! :)

Today's card is another soft and sweet summer card...guess I'm in the summer mood because it's still very HOT here...LOL  


I used a water brush and Distress Ink refill ink to dye parts of the scalloped lace after tea-dying it. When you use Spun Sugar ink on white or cream lace, it turns it light pink - but when you tea-dye the lace first, the pink turns to a salmon-pink color - perfect for the salmon-pink cardstock I'm so fond of...


I ran a gathering stitch through some pleated cream sheer and satin ribbon for the base of the "flower" in the corner - it gives the flower a nice, full base that still presses nearly flat in an envelope for mailing...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: MyMindsEye Miss Caroline/Fiddlestick collection (floral & stripe); Authentique
Fresh collection (blue)
Dies: Sizzix Flowers Branches and Leaves; My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Edge punch: EK Success/Martha Stewart Doily Lace     Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts     Pearls: Recollections
Scalloped lace: The Funkie Junkie on Zibbet      Paper flowers: Prima    Sheer & satin ribbon: Frogfeathers on Etsy
Hug Snug seam binding      Handcrafted pearl wire loops

Thanks for stopping by today...I hope your Monday is a wonderful one! 

6 comments:

  1. so multilayeredly! flower magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is divine kathy...so beautifull hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous beautiful card, Kathy! What a great idea to color the lace...love it! Your flowers are always super stunning! Love all the layers and perfect sewing! Truly a very very gorgeous card! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gem, Kathy!!!! Love the layers of eyelet, the shaping of the leaves, stitching.......really wonderful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que lindo seu blog! Me tornei sua seguidora! Estou encantada com seus cartões!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I´m the first time here. I was looking for pictures of a punch, because I wanted to buy it. And now I´m so happy that I found your blog - it´s an inspiration for me! Great, really great! Now I follow you ;-)
    Hugs from Germany
    Heike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...