Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Grey Doesn't Have to be Dull...

Nope...grey doesn't have to be dull...not when you dress it up with lace and loopy ribbons and gems! I had these patterned paper pieces set aside while straightening up one day, and wondered how I could combine them into something pretty and lacy and far from dull.

I kept the layout simple and classic...5" square card, one center panel and 4 smaller side panels of graduated widths.  I looked for laces that would stand out, but not cover the patterned papers completely.  Then it was just a matter of finding soft-colored embellishments to finish off the decoration...and here's the finished product.


I've had this beautiful ribbon in my stash for a looooong time, and never found the right use for it...until now.  IRL, the colors match exactly the two shades in the roses on the patterned paper. I dry-brushed some acrylic paint on the dark paper rose to bring the color up to a softer shade to blend better.


I think if you told me I could never use pearls or gems on a card again, I'd go through some serious withdrawal symptoms...(or be forced to make my own with hot glue and paints! LOL)

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Collage Press/Pink Paislee London Market collection (floral/text); Authentique Uncommon
collection (background mini floral); Echo Park Note to Self collection (grey dot)
Rose crochet trim & paper rose: Prima      Loopy ribbon trim: local craft store      Pearl flourishes: Recollections
Paper leaves: My Favorite Things Royal Leaves die      Polyester ribbon: source unknown
Handcrafted stick pin and pearl wire spiral

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today...have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I like Pink pasley paper! i love the way you used it! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathy, this is so stunning! Thanks for your recent visit and sweet words! I can see you like layers too! I've been looking around your blog and your work is beautiful. I'm following now so I can see your new posts and keep in touch. Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kathy~ love the simple layout and Kathy embellishments! Never mind grey, you could make rusted sheet metal look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...