Thursday, August 23, 2012

TSTR-Shabby Patterns

I'm glad I had a few moments here and there the last couple days to play along with this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. It's another fun one, using another of my favorite soft and shabby color combos - pink, white, and kraft - and using flowers and damask.  Here's the inspiration pic - with so many fun elements to choose from!


Aside from the soft, shabby colors and wallpaper pattern, I picked up on the pompom trim along the sides of the draperies, and the crystal vases holding the white flowers...and here's the card that I came up with...


This crystal ribbon trim has been in my stash for a while, just waiting for a fun place to land...this seemed like a good place for it!  I just arranged it around the base of the flower cluster, and secured it down with hot glue to make sure it didn't go anywhere...


I love this flourish die by Memory Box...I guess you could tell, since I seem to use it a lot! :)  This time, I blended it with pieces of pearl flourishes...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park For the Record 2/Tailored (dark pink); My Minds Eye Miss Caroline/All Dolled Up (damask print)
Dies: Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork; My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Damask embossing folder: Cuttlebug     Pearl flourishes: Recollections      Paper roses: Prima
Cotton laces, pompom trim, fabric flowers, crystal trim: local craft stores     Handmade pearl wire spiral

Thanks for visiting today! I'll be back tomorrow with more fun pics to share...


10 comments:

  1. Awesome work, love all details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous!!! Love the colours and embellishments! All the elements work so well together! :0)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, this is truly stunning! Love the crystal trim and pearl flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Achingly beautiful Kathy!!! Love the way you used those MF 'crystals' and all the layers and patterns~ so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Everything looks gorgeous in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cluster of flowers and gorgeous background paper! Truly a pure shabby beauty...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This is just stunning Kathy! Thanks for playing along with The Shabby Tearoom this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us a TSTR!

    xoxo
    Starr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...