Friday, August 17, 2012

Ending the Week Light and Bright...

There's no doubt it's still summertime around here, as we wait oh so patiently for temps to dip below 100 degrees. It's hard to think about fall colors when the summer is still in full swing, that's for sure. So I'm ending the week with another card in light and bright summery shades of pink, white, and green-all of them pieces of patterned papers left over from previous projects. (That's code for "I no longer remember the manufacturers and collection names of these!" LOL)

On Monday, I posted a card with "painted" lace that had been tea dyed first. Today's card uses the same lace and the same Spun Sugar Distress Ink, but with the lace left in its original white color prior to coloring the pink accents.


I put the craft store fabric rose on top of a couple Hug Snug bows. To cradle the bows, flower, and leaves, I used a gathered piece of cotton lace beneath them. There's some long white eyelash fiber under the lace, and a small glass-glittered chipboard flourish peeking out the right side. The paper lace "trim" along the top of the flowered panel is actually just the top half of a diecut border.


I thought the card needed more than just the linear strip of scalloped lace to break up all the square edges along the bottom, so I tucked half a paper doily under the center of the scalloped lace strip. When I have a card that uses two or three square/rectangle pieces as the base design, I like to contrast them with lots of circles and ovals in the embellishments.

Supplies:
Scalloped crocheted lace: The Funkie Junkie on Zibbet     Pearls: Recollections and Prima
Dies: My Favorite Things Dizzy Border and Royal Leaves; Spellbinders Floral Flourishes
Sentiment: Papertrey Ink     Miscellaneous: Wilton doily; craft store rose; handmade pearl wire spiral;
Hug Snug seam binding

Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week ends on a happy note, and your weekend is filled with fun!

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you used the lace! postcard is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Beautiful Kathy....gorgeous lace, love the colours. All your cards are just stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so pretty in pink! Love the paper you used, lace trim, and flower treatment! Just gorgeous and stunning as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...