Monday, August 20, 2012

Ahhhh, Monday...

It's the start of a busy week here...with a couple fun meet-ups with friends scheduled into the mix.  I worked on a non-papercraft project this weekend, so I only have one card to share with you today. But I'll make up for it the rest of this week, I promise!  And with luck, I'll soon have some pics to share of this weekend's project, too.

Lots of die cuts were used on this birthday card - both for the base of the card, and the embellishments - so I kept the paper color and pattern simple and clean, and let the edging and decoration take center stage.


Once again, one of my favorite shabby flowers is the base for a smaller loopy ribbon circle and paper flower with pearl center...and a pretty embellished leaf stick pin...all sitting atop a loopy diecut paper doily...


I offset the airy loops of the paper doily with a loopy flourish diecut on the other side of the card...and tucked a couple handmade pearl wire circles under the side of the flowers...


And lastly, a peek at the inside...

Supplies:
Patterned paper: Creative Imaginations Creative Cafe/Double Vision     Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts
Dies: Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and Labels Eight; Memory Box Whimsy Circle and Elegant Scrollwork
Large fabric flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Paper leaves & blue paper flower: Prima
Large pearl: Recollections      Lace: Little Red Cottage on Etsy     Maya Road leaf stick pin (embellished)
Miscellaneous: handcrafted pearl wire loops; eyelash fiber; Hug Snug seam binding

Thanks for visiting the Korner today...I hope your week starts with a smile!

5 comments:

  1. this is so adorable and a very beautful.card....stunning Kaathy ...hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estou muito contente em ter achado mesmo seu blog! Olha que riqueza esse seu cartão! Seu estilo com a flor, pérolas e rendas é lindo! Ah, obrigada pela visita em meu blog! Boa semana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy....your cards are so so pretty, with the most wonderful detail! I really love all the gorgeous colours and the beautiful lace and ribbon. Love how you painted the lace with ink ....a few posts back, what a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!I love how you layer your elements! Aren't those Romantic Rectangle dies just awesome? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...