Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Going Bright Today...

Monday's card was soft pastels, Tuesday's card was soft neutrals...but get out your sunglasses, 'cause today I'm brightening things up! :)

I found a scrap of one of my favorite floral papers from Sassafras - the last time I used it was with turquoise and yellow and that card was one of my personal favorites.  So I copied my own design again, but switched it from portrait to landscrape orientation, and changed the turquoise to lime green, and here's the end result:


I've used another of the shabby fabric flowers that I love...it's stacked over a piece of gathered lace, bright yellow and green eyelash fibers, and some tulle, and topped with a craft store rose and leaves with a pearl added in the center.


...the sentiment was stamped from top to bottom along the side, and accented with pearls...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Sassafras Sweetly Smitten collection (floral); Cosmo Cricket Material Girl collection (Green gingham)
Dies: Sizzix Flowers Branches and Leaves      Large fabric flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy
Small fabric rose & leaves: local craft store     Edge punch: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace      Pearls: Recollections
Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts      Maya Road heart stick pin (embellished with pearl & spacers)
Miscellaneous: cotton lace, tulle, eyelash fibers

Thanks for visiting today! I'll be back on Friday to end the week with a sweet little "twin set."

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous colors Kathy!! I love these punched up colors mixed with your beautiful style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv this, so shabby and colorful...hope you have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ainda estou aqui em seu blog! Que flor impressionante! Que cartão maravilhoso nos tons que voce escolheu!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...