Monday, August 4, 2014

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful...

Happy Monday, all! Today I'm sharing a shabby-chic little number with a sentiment that could be appropriate for any occasion when you want to send a little pick-me-up message. :)

I always find it a bit difficult to photograph cards using the colors used here...a very pale taupe - not white or cream, just very muted - with a dusty grey-green, and a dusty pink.  And I always wonder how it looks on different monitors...LOL  So here it is...




Inside the white clay frame I added a piece from another patterned paper with basically the same colors, and put a cluster of pearls in the corner...




The flower cluster is also made up of dusty pastels...pink, grey, green...with just a couple brighter pink roses for fun...





The sentiment is stamped onto a small piece of the mauve patterned paper, treated with a punched edge...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Maja Designs Vintage Summer Basics
Die:   My Favorite Things Royal Leaves            Frame:   Martha Stewart mold & air dry clay
Flowers & stamens:   Wild Orchid Crafts            Pearls:   Recollections
Twine:   The Twinery/Natural Solid            Punch:   Martha Stewart Beaded Ruffle
Sentiment stamp:   Unity Stamp Co. / Imperfection is Beauty
Miscellaneous:   Wilton doily, ribbon



Thanks for stopping by today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!


8 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful... All of the little embellishments you put on it are perfect. Love the Maja papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely gorgeous on my computer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is absolutely outstanding Kathy!! I am so pleased to be your 300th follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous on my computer! I want to try and mimic it...sure I can't be exact but there are so many little details to pull from. I am indeed in awe of this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of all the cards I see online I come back to look at this one, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...