Friday, August 15, 2014

The Twinery - Stronger Than Anyone...

TGIF...Happy Friday! I'm back with another card made as August Guest Designer at The Twinery.

Today, I'm ending the week the way I started it - with a clean and simple post sharing a CAS watercolor card. I've used a stamp image & sentiment set from Unity Stamp Co, and accented it with several colorful twines from The Twinery...



Once the watercoloring was complete, I die cut a heart to the left, covered a piece of chipboard with "stripes" of twine to complement the colors used for the image, and adhered it behind the heart cutout.  (I used Red Shimmer, Maraschino Solid, Blue Shimmer, Denim Solid, Honeydew Stripe, and Honeydew Solid twines for the heart and tassel). It still wasn't quite enough for the "fully loaded" embellisher in me, so I took a cue from the tied bracelet on the girl's wrist in the image, made a small tassel with the same twines, and finished off the knot with a few bright gems for fun...


Supplies:
Twines:  The Twinery - Red Shimmer, Maraschino Solid, Blue Shimmer, Denim Solid, Honeydew Stripe, Honeydew Solid
Stamps:   Unity Stamp Co.,  "Stronger Than Anyone-Jessica Girl"
Die:   Xyron ShapeZ by Spellbinders / Heart
Gems:   Recollections           Watercolors:   Sakura Koi


Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit...I hope you have a wonderful weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is a stunning mixed media project. Just adore the wording and the weaved heart.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Fantastic..very different from your usual shabby chic cards ! I loved the wine heart n sentiment a lot !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...