Friday, August 22, 2014

The Twinery - Brighter Than The Stars...

Happy Friday, everyone! It's week three of my Guest Designer honor over at The Twinery blog, and I'm back to share one of my "fully loaded shabby chic" cards.

Very often, I design a card, then try to find a sentiment that fits with the theme of the design, whether it's the papers or embellishments. For today's card, I found the sentiment first, then designed a card to fit the sentiment...



Stars were the order of the day, and I opted to make some shabby ones from some corrugated chipboard, adding layers of paint, crackle medium, ink, and Distress Stains. I wrapped them with twines (Cappuccino, Cappuccino Stripe, and Strawberry Solid), added pearls and mini roses, and scattered them down the left side...





And finally, beneath the floral cluster, I added more loopy bows with Blossom Solid and Strawberry Solid twines...



Supplies:
Twines:   The Twinery - Cappuccino, Cappuccino Stripe, Blossom Solid, Strawberry Solid
Patterned papers:   Glitz Design Pretty in Pink
Sentiment stamp:   Unity Stamp Co.            Die:  Sizzix Stars #2            Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls:   Recollections            Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com



Thanks for visiting today...here's hoping you have a fabulous weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy, I love this card. Gorgeous colours and embellishments :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, roses and pearls are so lovely together! And love the stamp you have used too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...