Monday, August 11, 2014

You Are Awesome...

Happy Monday! I'm starting the week with a short and sweet post sharing a clean and simple watercolor card (well, as close to clean and simple as I can get...LOL).

As soon as I saw this stamp, I knew I had to have it. I was so taken with the long, vertical sentiment - it opens up so many design options. For this 4" x 6" card, I used the flower stamp that came with the sentiment, and added a different stamp, and die cut, for the accompanying sentiment at the bottom. I realize I might have jeopardized the true "CAS" label with the tear-outs and cheesecloth inserts, but I fell to the temptation once again...



Here are a few closeup shots around the front...




Supplies:
Image stamp:   Unity Stamp Co., "Bloom & Simplify"
Sentiment stamps:   Unity Stamp Co./"Bloom & Simplify";   Winnie & Walter/"The Big, The Bold, and You"
Sentiment die:   Simon Says Stamp ("you")
Stencil:    Tim Holtz Speckles            Gems:   Kaisercraft
Miscellaneous:   Sakura Koi watercolors, Uni Posca white pen, Studio 490 Translucent Embossing Paste, 
cheesecloth, drywall tape



Thanks so much for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!


6 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! love how the water color has run a bit.. and the white doodling looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathy,
    This has turned out a brilliant card, love the watercolour effect, it creates an artistic feel which incorporates beautiful movement.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love the watercolour flowers and your shabby chic touches are just so lovely! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful cards you have. I like them very much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...