Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy...Take Two...

It's the start of a new week...happy Monday, all! Today's shabby chic card is just for fun, so that's why the sentiment just says, "happy." :)

I started with a background of neutral medium gray woodgrain paper, added a couple pieces of turquoise patterned papers, shabbied all the edges, then played with a white ink pen, a stencil, and a bit of splattering.   It started out as just a background to make and put aside for later when I needed to make up a card quickly, but ended up getting made up now because I had an idea, and went with it...



I decided to die cut a golden yellow doily, and accent the card with yellow, green, and white to add some more brightness to the dark background colors. The bit of pink on the edges of the yellow gardenia adds a nice touch of fun...






Instead of stamping a sentiment in the lower corner, I die cut the word "happy" - I couldn't choose between the black word or the white, so I chose both! I backed the white with the black to add dimension, and nestled it into the flowers...




Supplies:
Patterned papers:   My Minds Eye Bramble Rose (doily);   My Minds Eye Miss Caroline/On the Bright Side Two (aqua dot);   My Minds Eye Miss Caroline/Dilly Dally (teal and woodgrain)
Dies:   Prima Eyelet Doily #1;   My Favorite Things Leaf-filled Flourish;   Poppy Stamps Massa Leaf Background;   
Simon Says Stamp "happy"
Stencil:   Memory Box Rings & Puddles            Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts           
Yellow stamens:   ChocolateLetters on Etsy            Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:   white hemp cording, Uni Posca white paint pen



Thank you for stopping by for a visit today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the happy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an utterly gorgeopus feminine card. OI adore the beautiful layering and the richness of the colours you have chosen. That twine looks so much fun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous! Like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...