Wednesday, August 13, 2014

LOTV-Happy Birthday...

Happy Wednesday, everyone...I hope your week is going well.

When I received some of the new papers from the latest Lili of the Valley release, I knew that Snow Princess and the coordinating Snow Princess Solids would be among the first new papers I'd play with-I can't resist those aquas and purples!

(I seem to be on a bit of a "purple binge" lately...but it's almost over. LOL) Today I'm sharing a wintery birthday card made with a few of the purple papers in the two Snow Princess pads - accented only with white, and including a sprinkling of Glistening Snow-Tex to add to the wintery feel...



The sentiment is short and sweet, from Set 25, Handwritten Phrases, stamped onto a banner die cut, and  edged with a bit of the Snow-Tex...




Normally, when I used a pearl spray, it ends up at the top or the side of the floral cluster, so I went the opposite direction this time, and used the spray at the bottom, to accentuate the sentiment banner...




The largest flower is made up of several smaller Prima flowers, with texture paste and Snow-Tex adding some dimension. It's surrounded with smaller roses and a single large white leaf, with tiny branch accents as "fillers"...

Supplies:
Patterned papers:   LOTV Snow Princess and Snow Princess Solids
Stamps:   LOTV Handwritten Phrases
Dies:   Prima Eyelet #1 doily;   Tim Holtz Tattered Banners
Punch:   Martha Stewart Medium Branch           Large flower & leaf:   Prima
Mini roses:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Pearls:   Recollections
Braided trim, pearl spray, stamens:   local craft store
Miscellaneous:   white twine, white thread



Thanks so much for visiting today!



5 comments:

  1. Flowers purple and pearls.. equals perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kathy. Love everything about it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, wonderful, beautiful, absolute treasure!! So perfectly romantic and feminine, layer after shabby layer!! Pinning!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect. I love the purple papers and beautifully arranged embellishments!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe I missed this one before, as it's PERFECT! Absolutely stunning work Kathy. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...